- 6 large tomatoes
- 4 large onions
- 6 cloves of fresh garlic
- 2 hot chili peppers
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 3 tbs. vegetable oil
- 1 lb. beef, chicken or lamb (pre-cooked)
- 1 1/2 cups of frozen mixed vegetables
- 3 cups long grain rice
- 1 chicken or beef Maggi cube
- 6 cups of water or chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon each of ground white and black pepper
Put tomatoes, garlic and peppers into a food processor and chop. Set aside. Then fry pre-cooked meats in oil until browned. Remove and set aside.
Add onions and fry until soft. Add the chopped garlic, tomatoes and chilies. Add water or meat stock and Maggi cube, tomato paste, ground white and black pepper then stir.
Cook for 10 minutes on medium heat before adding rice. Stir and mix well before covering. Cook on low heat for 20 minutes. Incorporate vegetables and mix well. Add about 1 cup more of water and continue to cook on low heat until rice is done. Serves 4 to 6.