- 1/2 tomato sliced into pieces
- 1/2 fresh cucumber thinly sliced
- 1/4 red onion cut thinly sliced
- 1/4 lb. fresh Portobello mushroom (cut & cleaned)
- 1/4 green pepper thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 tbsp vegan mayonnaise
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp basil flakes
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 wheat flat bread wraps
Heat olive oil in sauce pan (medium heat). Add mushrooms. Season mushrooms with basil, garlic powder and salt. Cook until mushrooms become softened and brown on both sides. Remove from heat and set aside.
In a bowl, mix together (rinsed) green peppers, tomato, cucumbers, red onions and lettuce. Lightly sprinkle with salt & pepper.
To warm flat bread wraps, place in microwave for 8 seconds.
To plate ingredients: Lay warm flat bread wraps on plate, lightly coat wraps with vegan mayonnaise. Add salad ingredients. Top with cooked mushrooms. Wrap together.
Yields 2 servings
Note: There are 3 ways you can enjoy this meal:
- You can wrap the salad in the flat breads like burritos.
- You can eat as a salad, tearing off and eating pieces of the flat bread as you munch.
- Alternatively you can mix the mayonnaise in with the salad ingredients as a dressing as oppose to spreading it on the flatbread. Then lay the mixture on the flatbread to wrap.